Icon of the Pentecost

Icon of the Pentecost
Christ has sent the Holy Spirit in tongues of fire for our salvation!

Contributor

My photo
I am a professed Third Order Franciscan since 2002. I have dedicated my life to living and following the Rule of the Secular Franciscan Order. I have been the Vice-Minister and Minister of my local fraternity. Recently, my faith journey has taken me east to the Byzantine Catholic Church. I look forward to spreading the work of Saint Francis in my new found home. Even more recently I find that I am being called to walk more closely in the footsteps of Saint Francis. Our world is in desperate need a restoration of Faith, Hope and Charity. It is to this end that I devote my life.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Course Adjustment

It is amazing how things change. Just when you think you have figured things out, God guides you in another direction.

For nearly two years I have been waiting for additional information and permission to begin a third order. I felt that I had reached the end of my discernment process and the next step was clear. As time went by, I began to question why it was taking so long. Everything was ready, but why weren't things moving along? The more time I spent waiting, the more unsure I became. Again, I found myself discerning if this was the right path for me. Finally this weekend the pieces fell into place and I received my answer.

My vision is to have a community of people who are consecrated to Saint Francis. Some may live in community while other may live apart but still be a part the fraternal group. I believe I am being called to restore the Gospel values into the world. First, we must restore Faith in ourselves and others. Then we must restore Hope in ourselves and others. Hope comes from knowing the Gospel truth. Finally, we must restore Charity in our lives and others.

We will adhere to the Byzantine Rule of Prayer. However, we will honor the saints of BOTH the Roman and Eastern Rites in our prayer. Pope John Paul II said that every Catholic should be familiar and experience each half of the Catholic Church. Pope John Paul II said that the Catholic Church had two lungs (Roman and Eastern Rite) and we needed to breath with both lungs. It is my hope to bring a closer unity within the Catholic Church.

All this will be as God wills, not I. I hope that he finds this instrument in good shape for Him to use according to His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment